Friday, February 1, 2008

Good Old Perculators

So my best friend has a beach house that is awesome. It is on an island, less than a mile from the mainland, but an island still. It is so peaceful there. After taking a small boat over to it, it is total relaxation after you arrive. There is NO ELECTRICITY on the island and you can only run a generator for 2 hours a day. It is a great place to stamp, during the day anyway, a little tough at night. I ALWAYS bring a bag of stampin goodies when I visit. At any rate, I digress. We always make fresh coffee in a coffee press, but we heat the water up in an old stainless steel perculator on the top of a propane oven. When I saw the Coffee and Tea set from Crafty Secrets, I immediately thought of my very relaxing and enjoyable weekends. After I bought it, I really wanted the coffee perculator to be silver, like the stainless steel one, I had some silver paper and that worked good too, but then I found this silver tape in the hardware section at WalMart. It is used to tape the dryer vent. I stamped in in Stazon black, colored the cheeks with a sharpie, I didn't have my copics yet. The arm, because it is sooooo teeensy I dreaded cutting it. I did cut some. Then I had a lightbulb go off. I colored the arm section on the metal with my white signo gel pen then colored it skin tone after it dried. I like it like that!!!!!! So, here is my card and thanks for looking.


No comments: