Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Baby Card Swap

A couple of years ago my SIL got enabled to go to a SU party. She and her friends have been hooked ever since. I told them about some swaps I had done at SCS and that we should do them, so now we rotate who the hostess is, and she picks the theme. We always get together and go either out for lunch/brunch or dinner. I definitely got in with the right group for swaps because they really know how to do it up. We are relaxed, we don't have vendor requirements, etc. So the card above was for new baby, obviously. I used my nestabilities on the scallped top and the shimmery square. I got the layout from MishMash, she mentioned that the large sqare scallop cut in half is a perfect fit. I love using the 4x4 scrapbooking paper for the bottom, as there is no waste, or paper to put away when done with it. --LOVE IT. Sometimes I will make a bow or not with the ribbon that joins the two pieces, but there was so much going on I didn't. I also stamped directly on the dp, loved that too. The cardstock is barely banana and I watercolored the baby. Have a great day, thanks for looking.


No comments: